Knoxville, Tennessee Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Knoxville
Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville is located at 1420 Dutch Valley Road, off I-640. We visit patients’ homes in cities like Maryville, Powell, Corryton, Louisville and neighboring communities within about a 50-mile radius of our care center.
If you’re recovering from surgery or illness or living with a chronic illness like COPD or heart failure, we can help you stay safe and independent at home. Call Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville at (865) 688-7500 to learn more about how we can help you.
High-Quality Home Health Care
You can feel confident choosing Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville as your home health care provider. Here are a few reasons why:
- Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville has a 4.5 star rating on Medicare’s Home Health Compare website. This tool helps patients choose a high-quality home health care provider. It rates agencies on a scale of one to five.
- We earned recognition as a HomeCare Elite agency in . This honor is given to the top home health care agencies in the country based on quality, patient experience and other measures.
- We’ve been helping patients and their families since 1984 and are a trusted home health agency in Knoxville and surrounding areas.
- Home health care is typically covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans for eligible patients.
- We provide education and support for you and your loved ones.
What to Expect From Home Health
We’re passionate about using the latest research and tools to help you feel better and achieve your goals. Our home health care team includes nurses, aides, physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists and medical social workers.
Home health care starts with building a trusting relationship with your team. We’ll coordinate with your doctor to create a personalized plan of care that’s tailored to you. Depending on your needs, home health care may include*:
Your nurse will set up your plan of care, together with your doctor, and manage your health. They may also provide:
- Pain and symptom management
- Medication management
- Patient/caregiver education
- Wound care
- Behavioral health assessment and care
- Infusion therapy
Our therapists will help you build strength and balance, improve your ability to swallow, communicate and do activities of daily living such as bathing or dressing, and reduce your risk of falling. Your home health care plan may include:
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
Home Health Aides
Under the supervision of a clinician, home health aides assist you with daily tasks like:
- Transfer and assistance in the bathroom
Medical Social Work
Medical social workers are the members of the home health team who help with the social, emotional and financial aspects of recovery. They also help you overcome obstacles that could hinder your progress. For example, they may help with things like:
- Referrals to community resources
*Availability may vary. Please call Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville to find out if we currently offer these services.
Freedom to Live on Your Terms
At Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville, our mission is to empower you to be able to do the things you care about most. Living in Knoxville, the third largest city in the state with about 187,000 residents, means you have a lot of reasons to try to feel better and enjoy each day.
To the northwest, we have the Cumberland Mountains and to the southeast the Great Smoky Mountains. Nature lovers may also enjoy spending time with family at the Ijams Nature Center or Zoo Knoxville. Art enthusiasts can watch a show at the Tennessee Theater or visit the Knoxville Museum of Art. Or you may want to take in sights like the Old City or Market Square for shopping and restaurants in 19th century buildings. Whatever activities you love to do, we want to help you feel good enough to do them.
Have questions about home health care? Call Amedisys Home Health in Knoxville at (865) 688-7500. We’ll guide you each step of the way to make sure you get the right care at the right time.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map