Conway, South Carolina Hospice Provider
About Amedisys Hospice Services in Conway
Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach, SC provides high-quality hospice care in Murrells Inlet, Conway, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Loris, Andrews, Little River, Myrtle Beach and other communities in the area. We’re located at 391 Seaboard St., off Route 17, between Sea Pine Boulevard and 17th Avenue, a few minutes from Myrtle Beach International Airport and the ocean. Call us at (843) 839-2505 to find out if we provide hospice care in your area.
Hospice focuses on comfort and quality of life, rather than cure. It’s for people with a terminal illness such as cancer, dementia, congestive heart failure or COPD, among others. Patients are eligible for hospice when their doctor certifies they have six months or less to live. Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach can provide hospice wherever you are, whether that’s at home or in a facility such as a nursing home or assisted living community.
Hospice Services in Myrtle Beach
Working with your primary doctor, we’ll create a care plan that meets your physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Some of the services we offer include:
- Nursing care, including pain and symptom management and wound care
- Medication services, medical equipment and supplies for the hospice diagnosis and related conditions
- Physician services, including on-call support
- Help with bathing, grooming and other tasks from a home health aide
- Dietary counseling
- Social work services, such as emotional support and end-of-life planning
- Spiritual care and support
- Specialized program for patients with end-stage dementia
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Volunteers to provide companionship and help with tasks around the house
- Short-term general inpatient, respite and continuous home care when eligible
- Bereavement counseling for loved ones
Why Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach?
Top Quality Ratings
- For us, the most important measure of our success is how patients and families feel about our care. According to Medicare’s rating system, we score well above the national average on quality and patient/family satisfaction measures. Some of these measures include communication, getting timely help, treating patients with respect and willingness to recommend our hospice agency to others. You can check our scores and see how we compare to other hospices in Myrtle Beach on Hospice Compare.
- Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach was recognized as an SHPBest hospice agency in . This honor is awarded to the top hospice agencies for high-quality care and superior service.
Serving Myrtle Beach & Surrounding Areas Since 2007
We’ve provided hospice care to some of the 33,908 residents in Myrtle Beach and surrounding cities for over a decade. We care about our patients and community, and we show it. You might find us at the Waccamaw Heart & Stroke Walk, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Myrtle Beach, the Move It! Awareness Walk to support those with Parkinson’s disease, or other local events to show our support.
Our caring team members provide one-on-one care and personal attention. We find out what matters most to each patient, so they can live their days to the fullest.
If you have an urgent need, we’re here for you. We’re on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long.
Affordable End-of-Life Care at Home
Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration and most private insurance plans generally pay 100% of the cost of hospice services for eligible patients.
We Honor Veterans
Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach participates in the We Honor Veterans program at one of the highest levels of involvement. This means we have a deep understanding of the unique challenges facing veterans and have tailored our hospice services to their needs. We give veterans the respect and compassionate care they deserve, with special recognitions and ceremonies to show our appreciation.
How We Care for Families
Caregiving is full of challenges. We’re here to support caregivers and loved ones through:
- Education about the patient’s condition
- Help from hospice volunteers
- Respite care to give loved ones a break from caregiving
- Help with end-of-life planning from a social worker
- Bereavement support after a loved one passes away
If your loved one wants to spend the last months of their life comfortable at home, reminiscing with loved ones and focusing on the things that matter most to them, hospice may be the answer. Reach out to Amedisys Hospice in Myrtle Beach at (843) 839-2505. We’ll answer any questions you have and help you find the right type of care for your family’s needs.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map