Columbia, South Carolina Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Columbia
Do you need help managing a chronic illness or recovering from a surgery or injury at home? Amedisys Home Health provides in-home health care in Columbia and neighboring areas. We’re located at 2611 Forest Drive, off Highway 378. We make regular visits to patients’ homes in cities like Columbia, Blythewood, Hopkins, Eastover, Gadsden and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (803) 739-5881 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
Is Amedisys Home Health Right for You?
Our goal is to help you stay safe and independent at home. You can have peace of mind when you choose Amedisys Home Health in Columbia as your home health care provider. Here are a few reasons why:
- We have a 4.5 star rating on Home Health Compare. Medicare created this tool to help you find a high-quality home health agency in your area. Medicare rates agencies on a scale of one to five.
- We’ve been helping some of Richland County’s 414,576 residents since 2008 and are a trusted home health agency in Columbia and surrounding areas.
- Medicare, Medicaid and some private insurance plans cover the cost of home health care for eligible patients.
- We have team members who specialize in making your transition from one healthcare setting to another as smooth as possible. For example, we have staff who help patients transition out of the hospital and onto home health care.
- We provide education and support for you as well as your loved ones.
Home Health Services in Columbia
Amedisys Home Health provides a wide range of home health services. We’ll work with your doctor to tailor your plan of care to your needs. Your plan may include:
Our team of nurses is experienced in wound care, injections, medication management, and pain and symptom management. Your nurse will teach you and your caregivers the tools you need to manage your condition, so you can stay independent at home for as long as possible.
At Amedisys Home Health in Columbia, we have a strong therapy team. We offer:
- Physical therapy to help you move easier, build strength, balance and flexibility, and learn how to use special equipment.
- Occupational therapy to teach you ways to make daily tasks easier, keep track of your medications, use special equipment and make your home safer.
- Speech therapy for patients with breathing, swallowing, problem-solving or communication issues. Our team is especially skilled in teaching caregivers compensatory strategies and ways to communicate and care for their loved ones with dementia.
Home Health Aide
Our caring, trained home health aides can help you with daily tasks like bathing and getting dressed.
Medical Social Work
Our social workers provide emotional support and teach coping skills. They can also connect you with helpful community resources and advance care planning.
We offer specialized programs designed to meet your needs. These include:
- Heart failure program to help you manage symptoms, stay active and prevent avoidable trips to the hospital
- COPD program, which teaches breathing and energy conservation techniques, with goals of slowing the progression of COPD, building your strength and endurance, and improving your quality of life
- Fall prevention program to help you make changes that reduce your fall risk, build your strength and balance, and teach you safe ways to do daily activities
Freedom to Live Well
It takes a lot of time and energy to take care of yourself when you have a chronic illness or are recovering from a surgery or injury. We want to help you feel better, so you have opportunities to do more and live better.
Living in Richland County, we have many options for recreation, arts, sports and history. Do you missing being able to do any of these things?
- Watch a Columbia Fireflies minor league baseball game at Segra Park or a Gamecocks game at Colonial Life Arena on the University of South Carolina campus
- Have a picnic along Columbia Canal at Riverfront Park
- Walk around Finlay Park or the Congaree National Park swamp boardwalk
- Take your grandkids to Riverbanks Zoo or EdVenture children’s museum
- Visit Fort Jackson
- Go out to eat in downtown Columbia
- Bring visitors to our state’s largest museum, the South Carolina State Museum
- Watch a performance of the Columbia City Ballet or South Carolina Philharmonic Orchestra at the Koger Center for the Arts
As the capital city of South Carolina, there’s so much here to explore. Or, the things you miss most may be the simple things – cooking dinner for your family or getting dressed on your own. Whatever your goals are, our mission is to help you get back to doing the things you care about, with the people you love.
Amedisys Home Health in Columbia Is Here to Help
If your doctor recommended home health care or you’re looking for care that will help you stay safe and independent at home, reach out to us. You can call us at (803) 739-5881. Our home health specialists will answer your questions and help you find the right care for your needs.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map