Warwick, Rhode Island Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Warwick
Amedisys Home Health in Warwick provides in-home health care for people recovering from injury or surgery. We also help those trying to manage a chronic illness like heart disease or diabetes at home. We’re located at 300 Centerville Road, off Route 117, a few minutes from Apponaug Cove.
We make regular visits to patients’ homes from Pascoag to Westerly to Bristol and all areas in between. We provide care in cities like Warwick, Providence, Pawtucket, Cranston, Coventry, Cumberland, Johnston, Woonsocket, Riverside, Rumford and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (401) 737-4236 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
What to Expect
When you begin home health care with Amedisys Home Health in Warwick, we’ll send a nurse or therapist out to visit you. We’ll talk with you about how you’re feeling and learn more about your healthcare needs. Working with your doctor, we’ll create a plan of care made just for you.
With home health care, you’ll have access to a wide range of services. Depending on your needs, your home health care plan may include:
Skilled nursing – A nurse will come to your home to:
- Monitor your health
- Teach you and your caregiver about your condition, medications and symptoms
- Help manage your symptoms and pain
Therapy – Our trained therapists will help you feel better and make it easier to live at home. We offer:
- Physical therapy to improve your strength, balance and ability to move
- Occupational therapy to teach you how to use special equipment like reachers, sock aids and grab bars to make your home safer, and make it easier to do daily activities like bathing and dressing
- Speech therapy to improve swallowing or communication
Home health aides – Under the supervision of a clinician, our caring aides can visit regularly to help with daily tasks like:
- Getting dressed
Medical social work – Our social workers can help break down barriers that stand between you and feeling better. They can provide:
- Referrals to helpful resources in your community
- Help with next steps, like making a long-term care plan
Why Choose Amedisys Home Health in Warwick?
We put our patients first. Your unique needs and goals drive the care we provide to you. With Amedisys Home Health in Warwick, you’ll receive top-quality care from home health specialists you can trust.
- We have received 4.5 out of five stars through Medicare. You can see our scores and compare us to other home health agencies on Medicare’s Home Health Compare website. This tool is designed to help you choose a high-quality home health care provider, so you can find a team you trust and receive care that makes a difference.
- Amedisys Home Health in Warwick was recognized as a HomeCare Elite agency in 2019. This is an honor given to the top home health care agencies in the country based on quality, patient experience and other measures.
- We were also recognized as an SHPBest home health care agency in 2018. This award is given to the top home health agencies based on their scores for patient satisfaction.
- Since 2008, we’ve been serving patients and their families in South County, Kent County, Providence County, Washington County and Bristol County. As long-standing members of this community, we are committed to giving back and helping people stay independent at home as long as possible.
The Need for Home Health Care in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, chronic illness causes a great deal of pain and suffering. In fact, chronic diseases are among the top 10 causes of death in our state:
- Heart disease
- Mental and behavioral disorders
- Injuries and accidents
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Chronic liver disease
Rhode Island residents also have other health concerns. For example:
- Our state has a higher rate of fatal falls and hospitalizations for older adults than the national rate.
- In 2013, 71% of emergency room visits among people with Medicare may have been preventable.
Home health care may be able to help you manage chronic illnesses, prevent falls and avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room. Amedisys Home Health in Warwick can help some of Warwick’s 80,847 residents, many of whom are struggling with these issues every day.
It Is Our Honor to Help You Live Better
There are things you want to be able to do, and we’d like to help you do them. Some of our patients want to be able to move easier or have enough energy to cook a meal or take a shower on their own. Others want to get out into the community and enjoy what Warwick has to offer. As the second largest city in Rhode Island, we have beautiful parks to explore, such as Goddard State Park and Rocky Point State Park. Shoppers can hunt for treasures at Warwick Mall, and beachgoers can stroll along Oakland Beach or Buttonwoods Beach.
We live near many beautiful places. You may want to take the short drive to Providence, where you can watch a show at the Providence Performing Arts Center, ride the ferry to Block Island or explore the piers of Narragansett Bay. Or you can travel a bit farther to Boston or New York City, where there are sights and activities for every interest.
Whether you’re looking to go near or far, we want to help you get there. Call Amedisys Home Health in Warwick at (401) 737-4236. We’ll answer all your questions and learn more about your needs. We’ll also help coordinate your care with your doctor, so you can start feeling better in the comfort of your home.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map