Amherst, New York Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Amherst
Amedisys Home Health in Amherst provides in-home health care for people living in Erie County, including the city of Buffalo, and Chautauqua County. We’re located at 1127 Wehrle Drive, between Cayuga Road and Aero Drive, a few minutes from Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
We make regular visits to patients’ homes to help them manage a chronic illness like heart disease or diabetes or COPD or recover from an injury or surgery. We serve Buffalo, Williamsville, Orchard Park, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, West Seneca, Kenmore, Hamburg, Clarence, Lancaster, Eden, Amherst and other cities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (716) 632-6420 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
Home Health Services in Amherst
We care for some of the 919,719 residents in Erie County and the 127,939 people in Chautauqua County. Working in close coordination with your doctor and caregivers, we get to know you and create a plan of care tailored to your needs. Some of the home health services you may receive include:
- Skilled nursing – A registered nurse and/or licensed practical nurse monitors your health, teaches you and your caregiver about your condition, and helps manage your symptoms.
- Physical therapy – A physical therapist assesses your needs and develops exercises to improve your strength, balance and coordination.
- Speech therapy – A speech therapist works with you to improve your communication, swallowing and/or thinking skills.
- Occupational therapy – An occupational therapist comes to your home and teaches you how to use special equipment, such as a sock aid or dressing stick, or make recommendations for safety equipment, such as grab bars, to make your home safer.
- Home health aides – A caring aide helps you with daily tasks like bathing, getting dressed and grooming.
- Medical social work – A social worker meets with you to provide counseling, help you make a long-term care plan and connect you with helpful resources in the community.
Why Choose Amedisys Home Health in Amherst?
We strive to be the best home health agency in Amherst and surrounding areas. It is our mission to help you stay safe and independent at home. Here’s what you can expect with us:
High-Quality Home Health Care
- Medicare rates home health agencies on a scale of 1 to 5. To help you find a high-quality home health care provider, this information is available on Medicare’s Home Health Compare website. Amedisys Home Health in Amherst has a 4.0 star rating.
- The nation’s top home health agencies receive recognition from outside organizations. We’re proud to have been recognized as a HomeCare Elite agency in 2019. This award shows our commitment to serving you with excellent service and high-quality care.
- Our care is grounded in the latest research.
- Your team is made up of home health specialists who are thoroughly screened and trained.
Affordable Home Health Care
Home health is affordable for most patients, while allowing you to stay where you want to be: home. Home health care is typically covered by:
- Veteran’s Administration
- Many private insurance plans
At Amedisys Home Health in Amherst, each patient is assigned a specific nurse and therapists. There are several benefits of this team approach. You’ll know who is coming to visit you and get to know your care team. In addition, your home health team will be able to get to know you so they can monitor your progress and tailor care to your needs.
A Long History of Service
We’ve served patients and families in Erie County and Chautauqua County since 2008. During this time, we’ve built a strong reputation as a home health provider that effectively and compassionately cares for our patients.
The Need for Home Health in Erie County
Chronic diseases affect many residents of Erie County. In fact, the top five leading causes of premature death in this area include:
- Heart disease
- Unintentional injury
- Chronic lower respiratory disease
In Erie County, residents suffer from several illnesses at a higher rate than others in our state and country. For example:
- People in Erie County die from stroke at a much higher rate (60% higher) than New York as a whole.
- People in Erie County develop heart disease 33% more often than the average American.
- More people go to the hospital for congestive heart failure in Erie County than New York as a whole and the nation.
- Erie County has a higher rate of diabetes than the rest of the state and the nation.
Amedisys Home Health in Amherst can help you manage chronic illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and COPD. Our nurses, therapists, home health aides and social workers will provide the education and tools you need to stay safe and independent at home. We’ll also provide support and education for your caregivers and loved ones to support you in your quest for health.
Live Life to the Fullest
Your health and well-being are our priority. We’re passionate about helping you feel better and do the things you enjoy. What matters most to you? For some, it’s staying out of the hospital as much as possible or being able to get dressed and move around on their own. For others, it’s rebuilding their strength to get out into the community.
Living in upstate New York, we have many reasons to enjoy all our state has to offer. We have beautiful parks like Amherst State Park and Ellicott Creek Park for walking, riding bikes and being outdoors. There are ice hockey games at Northtown Center and Buffalo Bills games at the University at Buffalo and Amherst Audubon Field.
In nearby Buffalo, you may want to see a show at Kleinhans Music Hall or Shea’s Performing Arts Center. Buffalo is also home to Larkin Square and Tifft Nature Preserve. If you’re feeling good enough for a short drive, Niagara Falls is just 25 minutes away. Whatever your goals, we’d like to help you reach them.
Is Home Health Care Right for You?
If your doctor recommended home health for you or you’re looking for care that will help you stay independent at home, reach out to us. You can call us at (716) 632-6420. Our home health specialists will answer your questions and help you find the right care for your needs.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map