Springfield, Missouri Home Health Provider
- St. Clair
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Springfield
Amedisys Home Health in Springfield, MO is located at 3050 South National Avenue, off Montclair Street, just down the road from Meador Park. We provide care in patients’ homes, serving Nixa, Branson, Ozark, Ava, Republic, Marshfield and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (417) 877-7474 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
If you’re struggling with a serious illness or recovering from surgery or injury, home health care may help you stay independent at home. Home health care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans for eligible patients.
With Amedisys Home Health in Springfield, you’ll receive care from a skilled team of nurses, therapists, aides and social workers. We take the time to get to know you so we, alongside your doctor, can tailor care to your needs and goals. We also provide education and support for loved ones and caregivers.
What Home Health Care Offers
Since 2007, Amedisys Home Health in Springfield has provided some of the city’s 168,000 area residents with high-quality home health services. Working with your doctor, we’ll create a plan of care tailored to you. Depending on your needs, your home health services may include:
- Skilled nursing – to monitor your health, educate you and your caregiver, and manage your symptoms and pain
- Physical therapy – to improve your strength, balance and ability to move around
- Speech therapy – to improve your communication, swallowing and thinking skills
- Occupational therapy – to teach you how to use special equipment, make your home safer and do daily activities
- Home health aides – to help you with daily tasks like bathing, grooming and dressing
- Medical social work – to provide counseling, referrals to community resources and long-term care planning
At Amedisys Home Health in Springfield, many of our patients need specialized wound care. Working with your doctor, our nurses can treat complex wounds, using evidence-based protocols to help you heal. Some of the wound care services we offer include:
- Assessment and monitoring of wounds
- Education for patients and caregivers about wound care and changing wound dressings
- Treatment of wounds that aren’t healing or are getting worse, using the most effective wound care products and medications
- Preventive skin measures like managing moisture or selecting an appropriate support surface
We consult with regional Amedisys wound care specialists to maintain the highest standard of care. Our goals are to decrease the risk of complications and infections and promote healing.
Behavioral Health Nursing
For patients with behavioral health disorders like depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and schizophrenia, Amedisys Home Health in Springfield offers behavioral health nursing. Working with your doctor and our home health team, our behavioral health nurse provides:
- A thorough behavioral health assessment
- Education about behavioral health disorders and medication management
- Therapeutic techniques to manage symptoms and develop coping skills
- Monitoring and support to prevent avoidable trips to the hospital or inpatient psychiatric care
Why Amedisys Home Health in Springfield?
Amedisys Home Health in Springfield is a provider you can trust. Here are a few reasons why:
- We have received 5.0 out of five stars in Medicare’s star ratings system. Medicare provides ratings to help you choose a home health agency that excels in quality care and patient satisfaction.
- Many of our team members have worked here for 10 years or more. During that time, many have received recognition as director, clinician or therapist of the year – an honor that is awarded to only a small number of our 21,000+ person national Amedisys family.
- Our care center has served the Springfield community and surrounding areas since 2007. Just like the cities we serve, we are a tight-knit group of people who come together to help our friends, family and community.
- We are a free-standing home health agency. This means you do not have to be affiliated with a specific hospital to receive home health care with us.
- We strive to admit all patients within 24-48 hours, as clinically appropriate.
Our Mission: To Help You Live Better
Health conditions can make it hard to enjoy life to the fullest. We’d like to help change that. Whether your goal is to cook dinner for your family, get dressed by yourself or go out to dinner, our mission is to help you do the things that matter to you.
As the "Queen City of the Ozarks," Springfield gives us plenty of reasons to get out and enjoy all southwestern Missouri has to offer. You may want to take your grandchildren to the Discovery Center of Springfield, Dickerson Park Zoo or Fantastic Caverns to see the stalagmites and flowstones. If you’re a gardener or nature lover, your goal might be walking through the botanical gardens and trails at Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park. A local favorite is catching a Springfield Cardinals game at Hammons Field or going boating in Branson. What do you want to be able to do? We want to help you feel better so you can do it.
If your doctor recommends home health care or you think Amedisys Home Health in Springfield might be a good fit for you, call us at (417) 877-7474. We’ll answer any questions you have and help you find the care you need to stay safe at home.
- Show List
- Show Map