Elkton, Maryland Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Elkton
Amedisys Home Health in Elkton is located at 107 Chesapeake Boulevard, off Konica Drive, a few minutes from Meadow Park. We provide care in patients’ homes in cities like Rising Sun, North East, Perryville, Port Deposit, Conowingo and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (410) 398-4733 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
The Need for Home Health Care in Elkton
Elkton is part of Cecil County, an area where chronic illnesses are among the leading causes of death and disability. For example:
- Heart disease and cancer are among the leading causes of death.
- In 2014, about 12% of adults had been diagnosed with diabetes.
- The rate of emergency room visits caused by diabetes has increased faster in Cecil County than the rest of the state of Maryland.
Home health care can help eligible people who are managing chronic diseases, as well as those recovering from surgery or injury. An experienced team of nurses, speech, occupational and physical therapists, home health aides, and social workers coordinates visits to your home to care for your needs. Loved ones and caregivers also get education and support.
What Services Does Home Health Care Offer?
At Amedisys Home Health in Elkton, we provide a variety of services to help you live independently at home. Care is based on your specific needs, and may include*:
- Skilled nursing (such as medication management, wound care and patient/caregiver education)
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Home health aides to help with dressing, bathing and other daily activities
- Medical social work
- Pain management
- Specialized programs for heart failure, COPD and fall prevention
- Transition planning (for example, hospital to home health care)
- Behavioral health nursing
- Infusion therapy
- Nutritional consult
*Availability may vary. Please call Amedisys Home Health in Elkton to find out if we currently offer these services.
Why Choose Amedisys Home Health in Elkton?
You’re in good hands with Amedisys Home Health in Elkton. Here are a few reasons why:
Quality You Can Trust
We are committed to providing high-quality home health care and a positive patient experience.
- Amedisys Home Health in Elkton is a 4.5 star home health agency. This means Medicare has evaluated us and given us top ratings for high-quality care and patient satisfaction. Check out how we compare to other home health agencies in the area using Medicare’s Home Health Compare website. With Amedisys, you and your family can feel confident you’re choosing a home health care agency you can trust.
SHPBest in 2018– This award means we have ranked among the top home health agencies for patient satisfaction.
HomeCare Elite in 2019– This honor is given to the top home health care agencies in the country based on quality, patient experience and other measures.
Experienced Home Health Team
You’ll work with a trained team that genuinely cares about your health and well-being. We’ve been helping patients and their families since 2003 and are a trusted home health agency in Elkton and surrounding areas.
Affordable In-Home Health Care
Medicare and Medicaid typically cover the cost of home health care for eligible patients. Some private insurance plans provide home health coverage as well. With all the extra support you’ll have, you may be able to avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital.
Helping You Do What Matters Most to You
We want to help you do the things that matter most to you. Living in the Elkton area, at the northern headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay, we get the benefits of a small town with easy access to larger cities like Baltimore and Philadelphia. Improvements to your health may allow you to explore Gilpin’s Falls and Cow Pond. We also have seasonal activities and festivals like the Fair Hill Scottish Games. Or maybe you hope to do daily activities on your own, like visit loved ones or tend to your garden. Whatever your goals, we’re here to help you achieve them.
If you think you may benefit from in-home health care, call Amedisys Home Health in Elkton at (410) 398-4733. We’re here to answer questions and learn more about your needs. We’d be honored to care for you or your loved one in the comfort and convenience of your home.
- Show List
- Show Map