Marlborough, Massachusetts Hospice Provider
About Amedisys Hospice Services in Marlborough
Metrowest Hospice in Marlborough, MA visits patients wherever they call home in Middlesex County and surrounding areas. We’re located at 200 Nickerson Rd, off Ames Street, a few minutes from the Felton Conservation Area and Millham Reservoir.
We provide compassionate hospice care in communities as far north as Bolton, Stow, Acton and Concord, and as far south as Douglas, Blackstone, Bellingham, Norfolk and Franklin. We serve the Framingham, Marlborough, Millbury, Natick, Westborough, Holliston, Hudson, Hopkinton and Sudbury communities. If you live in the Central Massachusetts region, call us at (508) 266-8290 to find out if Metrowest Hospice is right for you.
Hospice Services in Marlborough & Surrounding Areas
Hospice includes a wide range of services to support the patient and family – physically, emotionally and spiritually. The cost of these services is typically 100% covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration and most private insurance plans for eligible patients. We offer:
- Medical care
- Nursing care, including pain and symptom management and wound care
- Medications, medical equipment and supplies related to the hospice diagnosis
- Physician services, including medication management and on-call support
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Social work services, such as emotional support and help with care planning
- Spiritual care and support
- Support from trained volunteers
- Help with bathing, grooming and other tasks from a hospice aide
- Dietary counseling as needed
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy as needed
- Support for loved ones
- Education about the patient’s condition and needs
- Help with end-of-life planning
- Bereavement counseling
- Caregiver respite
What Makes Metrowest Hospice Different?
Hospice providers offer the same basic services, but not all hospices are the same. Here are a few reasons Metrowest Hospice in Marlborough, MA is an excellent choice:
We believe patients get the best hospice care when we take the time to get to know them and their families one on one. We find out what matters to each patient rather than assuming every patient wants the same things. This way, patients spend their days doing the things that matter most to them.
For some, what matters most is quality time with loved ones. For others, it’s hearing readings from favorite books or songs with special meaning to them. Those who feel good enough to get out may want to visit Callahan State Park, the New England Sports Center or another popular destination in Central Massachusetts.
If you have an urgent need, we have team members on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Our mission is to keep patients out of the hospital and safe at home.
Over 30 Years of Service
Metrowest Hospice in Marlborough has served Middlesex County and surrounding areas since 1984.
We Honor Veterans
Veterans receive specialized care at Metrowest Hospice in Marlborough. We participate in the We Honor Veterans program and have dedicated an entire wall of our care center to honor our veteran patients with photos and memories. We offer veterans:
- Staff with specialized training in military cultural competence
- Veteran-to-veteran volunteers who offer camaraderie, companionship and a listening ear
- Gestures of gratitude such as pinning ceremonies and crocheted blankets
- Vet-to-vet cafes in the community to bring veterans together to share stories and provide support
End-Stage Dementia Program
Patients with end-stage dementia have unique needs. In this program, our specially trained team:
- Helps manage symptoms like agitation, confusion, and feeding and skin issues
- Creates a safe, calm and comforting environment
- Provides education and support for family members/caregivers
- Assists patients and families with creating a Chart-a-Life collage of memories
- Works to improve the patient’s quality of life
Dedicated Hospice Volunteers
Our team of hospice volunteers takes the journey with patients and their families, making them as comfortable as possible. We carefully choose hospice volunteers who have a hospice heart. This means they genuinely care and want to give back. They are also a talented group of people. Some bring musical or artistic talents to share with our patients, while others have a gift for listening and lifting people up when they’re feeling down.
Continuum of Care
Metrowest Hospice shares an office with Metrowest Home Health. This allows us to quickly and easily coordinate care throughout the patient’s disease process.
Committed to Our Community
When you meet our hospice team, you’ll be able to feel our passion for caring for our patients, families and community. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Hosting annual remembrance events for families to honor patients who passed
- Education in the community from our social workers
- Vet-to-Vet Cafes for veterans
- Participation in local health walks and events such as Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes at UMass Memorial, the Massachusetts Optimism Walk in Framingham to support patients with Parkinson’s disease and Relay for Life of Marlborough Hudson.
It can be difficult choosing a hospice agency for a loved one. We’ll make this time easier for you and your loved one by making the transition into hospice as smooth as possible. Call us at (508) 266-8290. It would be our honor to talk with you and help you find the care you and your loved one need.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map