Augusta, Georgia Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Augusta
Amedisys Home Health in Augusta provides in-home health care for people living in Richmond County and Columbia County. We’re located at 3633 Wheeler Road, off Medical Center Drive, between Interstate 20 and Interstate 520.
We make regular visits to patients’ homes to help them manage chronic illnesses like heart disease, COPD and diabetes. We also help people recover from injuries or surgeries. We serve Augusta, Evans, Martinez, Hephzibah, Grovetown, Harlem, Appling and other cities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (706) 860-0772 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
Home Health Services in Augusta
Home health care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans for eligible patients. At Amedisys Home Health in Augusta, we offer a wide range of services and specialized programs so you can recover or learn to manage your illness. Depending on your needs and doctor’s orders, your home health services may include:
- Skilled nursing, including medication management and pain management
- Patient and caregiver education
- Wound care, with access to a certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse if needed
- Speech, occupational and physical therapy
- Home health aides to help with bathing and dressing
- Medical social work
- Transition planning (for example, hospital to home health care)
- Infusion therapy
- Nutritional consult
We offer several clinical programs to meet the unique needs of patients with heart failure and COPD. If you have fallen or have a fear of falling, we also offer a fall reduction program.
Heart Failure Treatment
Our heart failure program helps you manage the symptoms of heart failure and stay as active as possible. Amedisys Home Health in Augusta can also help patients prepare for heart transplants. Based on your doctor’s orders, we can provide Neurontin (gabapentin) infusions and monitor your blood pressure, pulse and other vital signs. We’ll stay in communication with your doctor to ensure you’re ready for surgery.
Our fall reduction program helps you make changes that reduce your fall risk and improve your quality of life. You’ll work with home health professionals who can help improve your balance and make your home a safer place. We’ll also look at your medications, vision, hearing and other areas of your life that might increase your risk of falling.
Our COPD program teaches you breathing and energy conservation techniques, and will help you improve your strength and endurance so that you can do the things you like to do. You’ll learn about your medications and symptoms so you can manage your COPD at home, with the support of your doctor and your home health care team.
High-Quality Healthcare at Home
- Amedisys Home Health in Augusta is a 4.5 star agency. Medicare rates home health agencies on a scale of 1 to 5 on its Home Health Compare website. Our top priorities are the quality of our care and the satisfaction of our patients.
- Since 2004, we’ve provided high-quality home health care in Augusta and surrounding areas.
- We have several home health professionals who have been with us since we started. We have deep experience in delivering healthcare at home, as well as a heartfelt commitment to serving our patients and community.
- We understand how important it is to make a fast, smooth transition into home health care and we work hard to be there for you when you need us.
Live the Life You Want
We’re here to help you feel better, so you can do the things you care about. What kinds of things do you miss doing? Many of our patients want to be able to get around the house more easily or turn over in bed. Others want to have energy to cook a meal or check the mail.
Some of our patients miss being able to get out into the community. Living in Augusta, the second largest city in Georgia, we’re just a couple hours from beaches, mountains and the city of Atlanta. We also have plenty of local activities and entertainment, like the Augusta Riverwalk that runs along the Savannah River and the Augusta Mall. Art enthusiasts may want to visit the August Museum of History or the Morris Museum of Art or catch a show at the Imperial Theatre or Miller Theater. Every spring, we look forward to the world-famous Masters golf tournament at August National Golf Club. As the “Garden City of the South,” we can stroll through green spaces like Augusta Common and Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. Whatever you enjoy doing, our mission is to help you feel better so you can do it.
If you need help managing a chronic disease or recovering from surgery or injury, Amedisys Home Health in Augusta may be able to help. We have provided high-quality home health care to some of August-Richmond County’s 196,939 residents, and we would be honored to care for you. Call us at (706) 860-0772 to find out if Amedisys is right for you.
- Show List
- Show Map