Atlanta, Georgia Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Atlanta
Central Home Health Care in Atlanta provides high-quality in-home health care for qualified people recovering from surgery, illness or injury. We’re located at 2000 Riveredge Parkway NW, off Interstate North Parkway, a few minutes from the Chattahoochee River. We make regular visits to patients’ homes in cities like Smyrna, Mableton, Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, Roswell and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (770) 953-8570 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
The Need for Home Health Care in Atlanta
In Georgia, most of our health care struggles are related to chronic diseases, such as:
- Heart disease (more than 20,000 deaths per year)
- Cancer (especially lung and colorectal cancers)
- Chronic lower respiratory disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Diabetes (affecting more than 1 million people in Georgia)
- Kidney disease
When approved by your doctor, home health care can help you manage chronic illnesses like these. It may also help you recover from surgery or an injury. You’ll receive high-quality care from a trained team of nurses, therapists, home health aides and social workers, in the convenience of your home. Your loved ones and caregivers can also get education and support. Home health care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans for eligible patients.
Home Health Services in Atlanta
Since 1978, Central Home Health Care in Atlanta has provided a full range of home health services to help people live independently at home. Our care is personalized according to your needs, and may include:
- Wound care
- Education for patients and caregivers
- Symptom and medication management
- Care planning in coordination with your doctor
- Training to improve your strength, balance and ability to move around safely
- Help learning to use an assistive device, if needed
- Guidance on ways to do daily activities like dressing, bathing and preparing meals safely
- Training on ways to live safely and independently at home
- Help with energy conservation techniques and strategies for visual impairments
- Help with communication and cognition
- Address swallowing issues and weight loss
- Improve voice quality
Home Health Aide
- Help with daily tasks like bathing, dressing and grooming
Medical Social Work
- Counseling to address emotional and social needs
- Referrals to community resources and financial assistance
- Transition planning
- Heart failure program to help you manage symptoms, stay active and prevent avoidable trips to the hospital
- COPD program, which teaches breathing and energy conservation techniques, with a goal of slowing the progression of COPD
- Fall prevention program to help you make changes that reduce your fall risk and improve your quality of life
Living Better With Home Health Care
Our mission is to help you do the things you want to do. For some, that’s being able to get dressed on their own or prepare a meal. For others, that’s visiting a loved one or getting out to a favorite spot in Atlanta.
With a population of about 498,000, our state capital has no shortage of places to go and things to do. For art enthusiasts, we have the Atlanta Opera, Atlanta Ballet, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the historic Fox Theatre and the Alliance Theatre. The High Museum of Art, which is just of one of several well-known museums in the area, attracts visitors from all over the country. Atlanta is also known as a music and entertainment mecca.
Nicknamed “the city in the forest,” we have plenty of green spaces to relax in and enjoy. There’s Woodruff Park and Piedmont Park, where you can tour the urban forest 40 feet in the air on the Kendeda Canopy Walk, as well as hundreds of parks, gardens and nature preserves. The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is a great place to fish, canoe or just cool off in the river.
Maybe you want to take your grandkids to the Georgia Aquarium or Zoo Atlanta, or go out to eat at some of the nationally acclaimed restaurants our city has to offer. If you’re a sports fan, your goal may be to catch a Braves, Hawks or Falcons game. Whatever your interests, we want to help you manage your health so you can take advantage of all the Atlanta area has to offer.
We’re Here to Help
You want to feel better and take care of yourself, and you want to do it in the comfort of your own home. We understand, and we’re here to help. Our goals in home health care are to help you stay safe and independent at home. Call Central Home Health Care in Atlanta at (770) 953-8570. Our home health specialists will answer your questions and help make a plan tailored to your needs and goals.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map