Port Charlotte, Florida Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Port Charlotte
Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte provides in-home health care in Charlotte, DeSoto and Sarasota counties. We care for people managing chronic disease or recovering from a surgery, illness or injury, so they can stay home as long as possible. We’re located at 4161 Tamiami Trail, off Route 41, a few minutes from Port Charlotte Beach Park.
We make regular visits to patients’ homes in cities like Punta Gorda, North Port, Rotonda West, Port Charlotte, Lake Suzy, Venice, Englewood, Boca Grande, Placida, Arcadia, Fort Ogden, Sarasota and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (941) 629-1600 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
Why Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte?
You have the freedom to choose the home health agency that’s right for you. We strive to be the best home health agency in Port Charlotte. Here are a few reasons you can put your trust in us:
- We’re a 4.5 star agency through Medicare’s Home Health Compare website. Medicare rates providers to help you find a high-quality home health agency near you.
- Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte was recognized as a HomeCare Elite agency in . Only the top home health care agencies in the country earn this award, based on factors like quality and patient experience.
- You’ll work one-on-one with a caring team of experienced healthcare professionals. Many of our team members have worked with Amedisys for 10 years or more. We believe that when people are happy where they’re working, they provide the best care. By taking good care of our employees, our employees are in the best position to take good care of you.
- Our nurses are on call around the clock. If you have an urgent need, you can count on us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
- You’ll receive the support you need, and so will your caregivers and loved ones.
- We understand how important it is to have a smooth, quick transition into home health care. if clinically necessary, we admit patients the same day we get the order from their doctor.
- Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurance plans cover home health care for eligible patients.
Home Health Services Tailored to You
When you start home health care with us, you’ll be assigned a team. In most cases, you’ll work with the same team throughout your time with Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte. This way, you can get to know the people visiting you and we get to know your goals and needs. Some of the home health services we offer are:
Your nurse coordinates your care with your doctor and the rest of the home health team. We’ll monitor your progress, manage your symptoms and provide education for you and your caregiver. At Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte, our nursing team also offers:
- Wound Care – We have a wound care certified nurse on staff who can care for wounds at home, minimizing your need for a higher level of care.
- Behavioral Health Nursing – We have behavioral health nurses on staff to care for patients with behavioral health disorders like depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety. Our program includes occupational therapy to help patients adapt to real-life challenges they face each day.
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Medication and pain management
- We are trained to care for patients with LifeVest™ who are at risk for sudden cardiac arrest.
We have full-time physical, speech and occupational therapists on staff. If you need their help, you won’t face long waits to get access to these services. We offer:
- Assessments and personalized recommendations from speech, occupational and physical therapists
- Vestibular therapy with a physical therapist to improve your balance and reduce dizziness, falls and related problems
- Occupational therapy to teach you how to use special equipment to make doing things like bathing or dressing easier, and to make recommendations on how to make your home safer
- Speech therapy to help you with communication or swallowing issues
Home Health Aide
A carefully screened and trained home health aide helps with bathing, dressing, grooming and other similar activities, if ordered by your doctor.
Medical Social Work
A social worker can meet with you to provide counseling, help you make a long-term care plan and connect you with helpful resources.
- Heart failure program – If you’ve been diagnosed with heart failure, this program helps you get active and manage symptoms and empowers you to care for yourself. Our heart failure patients find it easier to breathe, bathe and do other activities and are less likely to go back to the hospital.
- COPD program – If you’re living with COPD, we’ll help improve your quality of life by teaching you breathing techniques, exercises and symptom management. Our goal is to help you do daily tasks at home that you couldn’t do before.
- Fall prevention program – If you have fallen or at risk of falling, this program helps you reduce fall risks in your home, improve your strength and learn new ways of doing daily activities, so you can stay safe at home.
How Does Home Health Care Work?
Step 1: Your doctor refers you for home health services because you would benefit from skilled care at home and meet eligibility requirements.
Step 2: You choose the home health provider that will best meet your needs.
Step 3: One of our home health specialists contacts you to schedule a home visit.
Step 4: Working with you and your doctor, our home health team sets up a plan of care that describes which services you need and how often.
Step 5: You’ll receive regular visits based on your doctor’s orders and your medical needs. An on-call nurse is available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Toll of Chronic Illness in South Florida
- Heart disease
- Chronic lower respiratory disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Kidney disease
- Parkinson’s disease
These counties also have a high number of unnecessary hospitalizations. For example, bacterial pneumonia, congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are the most common preventable causes of hospitalizations for DeSoto County residents. Home health care may help you manage chronic diseases and stay out of the hospital, so you can live at home as long as possible.
Helping You Live Life to the Fullest
We have so many reasons to try to feel better and enjoy life. For many of our patients, the motivation to feel better comes from family and friends and the desire to stay independent at home. Others are inspired by all that our community has to offer.
In Port Charlotte, we can connect with nature at Ollie’s Pond Park, Bayshore Live Oak Park or North Charlotte Regional Park. You may want to see a show at Langdon Playhouse or catch a Charlotte Stone Crabs minor league baseball game. Charlotte County neighbors Sarasota County, home to the Ringling Museum, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens and Myakka River State Park. Another local favorite pastime is checking out the shops and restaurants at St. Armands Circle. At Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte, our goal is to help you feel better so you can achieve your goals.
Getting Started With Home Health Care
Did your doctor recommend home health for you? Are you looking for care that will help you stay at home? Amedisys Home Health in Port Charlotte is here to help. You can call us at (941) 629-1600. Our home health specialists will answer your questions and help you find the right care for your needs.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map