Mobile, Alabama Home Health Provider
About Amedisys Home Health Services in Mobile
Amedisys Home Health in Mobile provides in-home health care for people managing chronic illness or recovering from a surgery or injury. We’re located at 273 Azalea Road, off Airport Blvd. We make regular visits to patients’ homes in cities throughout Mobile County. These include Mobile, Theodore, Semmes, Grand Bay, Saraland, Wilmer, Eight Mile, Irvington, Prichard, Satsuma, Dauphin Island and other communities within about 50 miles of our care center. Call us at (251) 380-0492 to find out if we provide home health care in your area.
Your Home Health Care Plan
We’ll coordinate with your doctor to develop a plan of care tailored to you. Depending on your needs, our home health services may include:
Our team of nurses is skilled in wound care, injections, medication management and other types of care. Your nurse will coordinate with the rest of the home health team, monitoring your progress and addressing your symptoms. An important part of skilled nursing is education for you and your caregivers, so you learn how to manage your medical condition and receive the best care possible.
What makes our nursing team unique is that we work in a team environment. Each nurse routinely works with the same therapists and licensed practical nurses. This way, you know who is coming to your home and when. Also, each member of your care team, including your doctor, is up to date on your progress, needs and goals.
Behavioral Health Nursing
At Amedisys Home Health in Mobile, we offer behavioral health nursing care for patients with depression, anxiety and other behavioral health issues. A behavioral health nurse will coordinate your care and visit you regularly. In addition to meeting other home health care needs, your nurse can provide a behavioral health assessment and education about medications, teach you coping skills and provide support.
Home Health Aide
Our home health aides can help you with daily tasks like bathing and getting dressed. They are upbeat, caring, and thoroughly screened and trained.
We have full-time physical therapists on staff. This means you’ll have quick access to physical therapy services if you need them. Our physical therapists help you move easier so you can stay active. Depending on your specific needs, our goals may include building your strength, balance and flexibility and helping you use special devices and equipment.
Our occupational therapists will help you find ways to more easily do daily tasks like getting dressed or making a meal. They will work with you to make your home safer and teach you strategies to take your medications as ordered. They will assess the need for special equipment and teach you how to use it safely.
We have full-time speech therapists who can help with breathing, swallowing, problem-solving and communication issues.
Medical Social Work
Our full-time social worker can help guide you through the healthcare system and insurance. We provide support and teach coping skills, as well as connect you with helpful resources and advance care planning.
- Heart failure program to help you manage symptoms, stay active and prevent avoidable trips to the hospital. At Amedisys Home Health in Mobile, we’ve been part of a hospital pilot program for patients who need home health care after open heart surgery. Our goals are to get you moving again and teach you how to prevent infection and take your medications properly.
- COPD program, which teaches breathing and energy conservation techniques, with goals of slowing the progression of COPD and improving your quality of life. Our therapy team will help you build up your strength and endurance so that you can enjoy the things you like to do again.
- Fall reduction program to help you identify fall risk factors in your home, improve your balance and strength, and learn ways to do activities such as bathing and dressing in a safer way to reduce your risk of falling.
Why Choose Amedisys Home Health in Mobile?
We strive to provide the best home health care in Mobile. Here are a few reasons Amedisys is a provider you can trust:
- Amedisys Home Health in Mobile is a 5.0 star home health agency. This means Medicare has evaluated us and given us top ratings for high-quality care and patient satisfaction. You can see our current star ratings and how we compare to other home health agencies using Medicare’s Home Health Compare website.
- We were recognized as an SHPBest home health care agency in 2018. This means we rank among the top home health agencies for patient satisfaction.
We’ve been serving Mobile County since 2008. Many of our staff have been with us for many years. This helps us build trusting relationships with our patients and community.
- Home health care is affordable. Medicare covers home health care for eligible patients, and so do Medicaid and many private insurance plans.
Helping You Do What You Love
As we age, sometimes the things that are most meaningful are the simple things: cooking a meal for family, being able to get up and get ready for the day, or meeting a friend for lunch. We want to help you feel better so you can do the things that bring joy to your life.
In Mobile County, we’re fortunate to have many ways to get out and enjoy life. Located on the Gulf Coast, this region is rich in history. We can visit the Fort of Colonial Mobile, a reconstruction of Fort Condé, in downtown Mobile or learn about World War II at Battleship Memorial Park. In late fall and winter, we have Mardi Gras celebrations, or we can enjoy Mardi Gras memorabilia year-round at the Mobile Carnival Museum. There are also historic antebellum homes and buildings to admire throughout the area.
Mobile has art museums like the Mobile Museum of Art, a 60-year-old opera, a symphony orchestra, and the quaint Crescent Theater. Dauphin Street is a popular destination for shopping, art galleries and restaurants. We also have outdoor recreation areas like Mobile Bay, where we can go fishing and boating. Whether you want to enjoy all the city has to offer or take care of yourself at home, we’re here to help.
In Mobile County, chronic illnesses are among the leading causes of death and disability. These include cancer, heart disease, stroke and chronic lower respiratory disease. Amedisys Home Health in Mobile can help you manage a chronic disease or recover from surgery or injury. We have provided high-quality home health care to some of the county’s 413,757 residents, and we would be honored to care for you. Call us at (251) 380-0492 to find out if Amedisys is right for you.
Other Locations Nearby
- Show List
- Show Map